It’s no secret that French bulldog puppies are absolutely adorable. Those big eyes, big ears, and big personalities make them some of the most popular pets around. But what happens when you bring one home and discover that he needs to be bottle fed? Don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as it may seem. Here’s a step-by-step guide to successfully bottle feeding your French bulldog puppy.
1. Choose the right formula. There are a variety of formulas available on the market, so it’s important to select one that is specifically designed for french bulldogs. Your vet can help you choose the right one for your pup.
2. Warm the formula. Puppies have delicate stomachs, so it’s important to warm the formula before feeding it to them. You can do this by placing the bottle in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. Or, if you’re in a pinch, you can microwave the formula for 15 seconds (be sure to test the temperature before giving it to your pup).
3. Hold your puppy in a “cuddle position.” When you’re ready to feed your puppy, hold him close in an upright position (similar to how you would hold a baby). This will help him relax and make it easier for him to swallow.
4. Slowly trickle the formula into his mouth. Start by dripping a little bit of formula on his tongue so he gets used to the taste. Then, gradually increase the flow until he’s taking in all of the formulas. Be careful not to overfeed him – puppies typically only need about 2-3 ounces of formulas per feeding.
5. Finish with a burp cloth or towel handy.French bulldog puppies are notorious droolers, so be prepared with a burp cloth or towel handy! After he finishes eating, hold him upright and gently pat his back until he burps up any air bubbles that may have gotten into his stomach during feeding time.