Table of Contents
White German Shepherd
They are the variety of German shepherds bred in the U.S. Their white coat is striking and stunning. They are protective and have an itch for tasks. They have longer fur as compared to other GS. Their white fur is the result of a recessive gene. They have white fur but it does not mean that they are albino. They love the outdoors and they need space to move. They have lean and muscular bodies. Their coat color may be soft cream. They are fun-loving, playful, and friendly. They have a calm nature. They are highly vocal. Your house will not be silent with this German shepherd.
White German Shepherd classification
Let’s have a look at its classification:
|12 to 14 years.
|77 to 85 pounds
|58 to 64 cm
White German Shepherd price
Because they are rare, so they might be expensive. Their unique white fur makes them more costly. Generally, the price of a dog is defined by various factors such as parents, breeder, and pedigree. The average cost of their puppy ranges from $1000 and $1500. However, for a purebred dog, this price is relatively cheap. Buying from a professional and reputable breeder may be more expensive.
White German Shepherd baby
It takes a consistent and deliberate breeding strategy to produce white GS babies or puppies. Only white GSs can produce white puppies. But it is possible that non-white GSs may produce white puppies if they both have the white genes. To make your puppy confident, give them early, daily, continuous and consistent socialization. Take your puppy to busy locations during the first 8 to 14 weeks of their birth. They need attention and time from you.
White German Shepherd baby price
Because they are rare, they are high in demand. That’s why they are somewhat expensive. Price varies depending on many factors such as buying from a local animal shelter or professional breeder. The typical price of a white GS ranges from $700 to $1,500.
White German Shepherd adoption
If you are going to adopt them, you have to fill out the application form first. It only takes 5 minutes. They are one of the most popular dogs because of their loyalty, intelligence, strength, and trainability. They are magnificent family dogs with the right owners. They are active and require attention. By adopting them you are saving a life. They require grooming
and care. You need to be very careful if you are going to adopt one of them because they need active families and love the outdoors. They are attention seekers and need your time. Consider these things in order to adopt them.
White German Shepherd characteristics
Let’s have a look at some of its characteristics:
- They are medium-sized and have muscular, athletic bodies
- They have erect ears and a low-set tail
- They look like the balls of fluff
- They reach 50% of their adult size after four months of their birth
- They have very big feet
- They have two types of coat; long-haired and short-haired
- They have an average lifespan of 12 to 14 years
- They need about one hour of activity per day
- They have a double coat; weatherproof, wiry outer coat and insulating, soft undercoat
- When they are healthy adult, they weigh between 77 to 85 pounds
- Their white coat is long and stiff to touch
- Their white coat may have a feathered appearance
- They are military, police and herding dogs
White German Shepherd facts
Let’s explore its interesting facts:
- They do not have red eyes and they are not albino
- Very rarely, they are born with blue eyes
- Their coat color may range from light biscuit tan to light cream color. However, their ideal coat color is white
- Their skin color ranges between gray and pink
- Their nose, eye rims, lips, and pads are black in color
- They are square built dogs
- They have longer coats than other German shepherds
- When someone is approaching, they will alert you instead of being aggressive
- They are highly vocal and they bark, whine or howl to tell you about what they are thinking
- They love their owners and other family members and are pleased with children
- They are very clever and protective
- They have mild temperaments which makes them best-suited pets for families
White German Shepherd diet
They do not require any special diet. They need to be fed in smaller portions per meal in order to avoid the development of bloat that can lead to life-threatening conditions. It is important to give them a limited ingredient diet because they can show allergies. Give them a novel carb and novel animal protein. They need a diet high in fat and protein and moderate
carbohydrates. Small healthy tidbits are also good for them. A male weighing 75 lb needs 1500 to 1600 calories divided into 2 to 3 meals per day. However, this is only a recommendation that is based on dog’s weight. Other health conditions and life stages can require modification of their calories requirement.
White German Shepherd eye color
The gene that is responsible for a GSD’s white coat only have effects on coat colors and have no impact on the skin or eye color and pigmentation. Commonly, white German shepherds have dark brown eye color. However, coloration can range from dark mahogany color to lighter amber. Some whiter German shepherds are also born with blue eyes but this is quite rare. The blue color of the eyes is a result of a recessive gene.
White German Shepherd eye problems
Ironically, they are prone to inflammatory eye diseases called Pannus which is also known as Chronic Superficial Keratitis. They are prone to Pannus due to their genetic makeup. This disease affects the cornea of the eye which results in blindness. Those who live at high altitudes develop a more severe condition of Pannus. The reason behind their severity is that they are more exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Air pollutants might be the cause of Pannus.
White German Shepherd exercise
They are highly active. They jump, run, and play with kids. They need about one hour of activity per day. If you are not able to run your dog every day then 1 mile of walking per day is enough. They love to tug, fetch, and playing with other
dogs. They love advanced activities such as jumping, agility, obedience training, and herding. With a little extra effort, they can learn to walk on the treadmill. Give them training for the treadmill is great for rainy, extremely cold, or extremely warm days. In short, they thrive on mental and physical stimulation.
Questions & Answers
How rare are White German Shepherds?
They have a distinctive white coat color that makes them more attractive. It is said that they are not rare. However, their coat color is rare among other German shepherds. Their recessive genes are frequently rare. Only the white German Shepherds can produce a litter of all white GS puppies.
What’s wrong with White German Shepherds?
They are generally a healthy breed. But, they are prone to certain diseases. Some of the diseases to which they are prone to include hip dysplasia, degenerative joint disease, elbow dysplasia, allergies, eye problems, and skin problems. Some of their genetic lines also show problems with autoimmune diseases such as congenital spine disease and lupus disease.
White German shepherd
People adore white coat dogs mainly and a high breed dog like German Shepherd is even more preferable. White German Shepherd originates from the german and later on it was extensively bred in the United States.
It is a large-sized dog weighing 77 to 88 pounds and usually has the height of 22 to 26 inches. The lifespan of this dog is pretty handsome as well, almost for twelve to fourteen years. However, these things you may already be aware of, following are the exceptional things that make White german shepherd unique in its own:
- The particular recessive gene of White German Shepherd that is responsible for its white colour has always been present in the genetic structure of German Shepherd.
- The prime and the main difference between a standard German Shepherd and the White German Shepherd is its white color.
- This breed usually has a longer coat as compared to the standard breed. The coat also feels stiff when you touch it.
- White german shepherds may not have double coats.
- These shepherds are not recognized within the breed standard.