Mini Satin Rabbit
American Rabbit Breeders Association accepts mini satins. They are normal in size. They had a very tranquil, affectionate, and gentle nature. These satin rabbits have a compact type of body. They are smaller in size, like those Havana rabbits or Netherland dwarf rabbits.
|Higher Classification||European rabbits|
|Temperament||Docile, loving, affectionate|
History of Mini Satin Rabbits
Like other breeds of rabbits, these satin rabbits also came from breeding with Havana rabbits. These became popular in the mid-1930s. Many famous breeders tried to breed mini satin rabbits. In 1970 a woman named Ariel Hayes tried her best to produce them, but she failed.
However, other breeders didn’t lose hope; they continued their search for how they can have bred them. From 1980 through 1999, a lot of rabbit breeders have taken part in producing them. A breeder named Mr. J Leo Collins won the certificate of developing two different mini satin rabbits. One is Red, and the other one is Albino. In 2006 the ARBA accepted these satin rabbits that have red eyes and are white. Many different colors were also recognized by breeders and taken by ARBA.
Mini Satin Rabbit Physical Attributes
- Smaller in size with round body shape makes it look cute.
- People are attracted to it because of its mini size and docile temperament.
- When they are entirely grown, their weight is around 3-4lbs.
- Its body is compact type and well-rounded.
- Having a rounded head.
Mini Satin Rabbits Coat Characteristics
Every rabbit has its unique qualities, features, and attributes. They have their fur features. Just like those other breeds, mini satin also has coat qualities that make them different from others. Let’s have a look at these few points;
- Its fur is not that long like a fuzzy lop nor that shorter. Hair is almost medium in size with a soft, shiny, and smooth texture.
- It does not need a lot of grooming like others. Brush the coat of your pet using a slicker brush, which is made especially for them.
- Brush it twice in a week.
- If the coat is dirty, don’t try to wash it; just use a wet cloth to clean it up.
- During the spring season or fall season, its fur hair usually sheds. So, there is a need for a lot of brushing daily.
Color of mini satin
These mini rabbits have a broad variety of colors. There are a lot of colors available in it. Let’s how many colors it holds;
Mini Satin Rabbit Temperament
Mini satin rabbit has a sweet, calm, and docile temperament. They are playful. It is that breed of rabbits that love to socialize. Try to keep it interacting with people so that they become more and more social.
But if your pet does not love to interact with others, then don’t try to introduce them with strangers because they become harsh.
Diet of Mini Satin
Try to ask the vet about what you should try to give your pet or not. Every vet, according to our research, has said that rabbits love to eat hay or pellets. Almost 70% of their diet consists of hay. Also, along with these, you should try to give your pet some fresh green leaves, grass, and vegetables.
Mini Satin Rabbit Health
This breed, like the angora breed of rabbits, don’t have any specific health issues. But, they do have some common problems among all rabbit species like ear mites, overgrown teeth, and flystrike.
Regular check-ups are required because they may have some issues like an infection in the ears. So, a vet is the only solution that can give your rabbit deworming medicine, which removes the infection.
Overgrown teeth can cause severe pain in the jaws. Symptoms include loss of appetite. Researches have shown that those pets who eat high-quality hay or high-fiber pellets don’t have such issues.
These rabbits are smaller in size; that’s why outdoor enclosures are not recommended. Make sure the cleanliness of the cage. Also, water should be available 24/7.
Mini satin rabbits can be spayed when they are 3-4 months older. But, according to vets, you must wait and neuter them when they are 6-7 months old.
Mini Satin Rabbit Facts
Like other rabbit species, mini satin rabbits also have some facts. Let’s have a look on these points given below;
- It is small in size, that’s why it is named as mini.
- It weighs approximately 3-4lbs.
- Mini satins have a lifespan of 5-8 years. Rabbits that live indoors have a more massive lifespan than those that live outdoors.
- It has soft, smooth, and shiny fur.
- Doesn’t require a lot of grooming.
- A significant portion of its diet is hay. It would help if you always tried to give your high-quality pet grass.
- Trimming of nails and teeth is required.
- It has a very calm and docile temperament.
- Available in a wide range of colors.
- It has a very loving and playful personality.
How big do mini satin rabbits get?
Satin rabbits grow in size from smaller to larger. Those that are found in the UK have a weight round about 6-8lbs. At the same time, those that are found in the USA are slightly larger, about 8-11lbs. Satin rabbits have a well-rounded, compact type of body shape, and sturdy ears.
How long do mini satin rabbits live?
Rabbits that live inside have a longer lifespan than those that live in an outdoor environment. So, according to research, mini satins have a lifespan of around 7-8 years.
If you are thinking of keeping the cage of your mini satin in an outdoor environment, don’t think about that because they are smaller in size, so indoor enclosures are recommended.
Moreover, if you know further about other rabbit breeds, then here at thezoologicalworld.com, you will find every rabbit pet’s information. Not only rabbits but also dogs, cats, tortoises, frogs, and many other animals’ information are given here.